How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vakul Aren Your Own Question
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 3995
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Vakul Aren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have this rope like vein on the right side on my inner labia.

This answer was rated:

I have this rope like vein on the right side on my inner labia. Its thick and swallow today. It is feeling uncomfortable to sit and if I touch it it feels tender. I have had it a long time since I was about 15, as my mother took me to get the needle to stop my first period but it cause me to hemorrhage. To stop it I was given these blue pills and later went on Levlen ED after that this large vein appeared. My Nana even thought it was a prolapse but it wasn't. I was taken to the doctor but they didn't want to do anything. But I am 23 now and I have not had sex due to feeling embarrassed and uncomfortable about them and I wish to get them seen to. I did go to a doctor and she said they would remove part of my vagina but I feel that would be worse then putting up with swelling. Is there something else I can do ? Help?

It appears that you have Vulval Varices(Varicose veins on the vulva)which became inflamed due to thrombophlebitis . Levlen ED ( a birth control pill ) can cause inflammation of the veins leading to clotting and thickening of the veins in the legs,perineum and vulva.THis can be confirmed by your Gynaecologist after examining you..Surgical correction can be done by a plastic surgeon experienced in the procedure.Chances are that you probably have hemorrhoids /.varicose veins in the legs too.Removal by surgery is the only option.

Vakul Aren and 5 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Do you need any more information?Please do let me know.The surgery will correct the swelling and restore normalcy,further swollen veins will need to be treated early.