Hello and welcome Veronica,
There are various causes for cloudy urine;
1) a physiological or harmless cause; an excess of phosphate crystals in the urine from a large meal. This can be tested at home by taking a sample of the urine and drop in a few drops of white vinegar and the urine will clear immediately. This is not to be worried.
2) Infection; can also cause cloudy urine due to the pus. This can be from a urinary tract infection (kidney, bladder, urethra infection). A strong odor with a cloudy urine is further suggestive of infection.
3) Cloudiness; can come from protein (albumin) in the urine.
The only way to determine would be to consult with your doctor for a urine test. Following measures would be helpful;
1) Drinking plenty of fluids and water
2) Cranberry extract capsule
3) Avoiding alcohol drinks and caffeine drinks
You may need a course of antibiotics if the symptoms persist or aggravate.
Please read this resource;http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/urinary-tract-infection/DS00286
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."
Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.