Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Takayasus arteritis patient..have beadlike blood flow in

Takayasus arteritis patient..have beadlike blood flow in vertebra arteries and possible highlighted areas in my C3 and then in my C5-C6....been on prednisone and am bein dropped 10mg every 2 weeks..recently noticed wakin up with the back of my head sweaty, base of skull down to where neck meets shoulders...dr doesnt know if it meds of the takaysus..my blood work shows no active inflammation as of a month ago but im havin dizziness again, back of neck and shoulder pain..also feel like my neck is vibratin and i feel intense throbbin in back of neck and sides of neck...is this the disorder or is it a disc issue ..
Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

With you having your prednisone dropped and new symptoms of dizziness plus some pain > I would advise that you follow up with your doctor and have the inflammatory markers rechecked.

Anthony Bray MD :

Things can change within a month

Anthony Bray MD :

This would be especially true with a changing dose of the prednisone.

Anthony Bray MD :

They can check a combination of the sed rate and C-reactive protein and this would help to differentiate to see if it related the vasculitis.

Anthony Bray MD :

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have further questions!

Anthony Bray MD :

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback! Thank You and Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: Thank you..jus saw him and he didnt seem concerned..but i will follow up again tuesday..also followin up w my vascular dr next week so i will mention it to him as well..thank you