Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Will Drug Test 6405N SAP 5-50 GC/MS test detect clonazepam?

9/1/2012
Nurse72
Nurse72, Nurse (RN)
Nurse72 : Clonazepam is a benzo and us not tested in this 5 panel drug screen.
Nurse72 : Here is a break down of the tests
Nurse72 : 1. PCP
Nurse72 : 2. THC (pot)
Nurse72 : 3. Cocaine
Nurse72 : 4. Speed
Nurse72 : 5. Opiates
Nurse72 : THe 6405N SAP 5-50 GC/MS is one of the most common test drug test fron Quest. It breaks down like this.SAP = Substance Abuse Panel(s)5 = number of panels, drugs tested for (they include Cocaine, Speed, Opiates, PCP, and THC)50 = the 50ng/ml cutoff level for THCGC/MS = a GC/MS conformation test will be done is any initial panel test is positive. As far as you quest about a home test that mirrows this test, they should be available at your local national chain drug store. The 5 panel test generally cost around $30.Hope that helps. N2
Nurse72 : Benzodiazipene is not tested in this panel
Nurse72 : The speed is a methamphetamine test
Customer:

Thanks for your answer....just to clarrify- the initial screening test only tests for the "panel of 5" and if non-detected...that's it and no GC/MS is performed???

Nurse72 : Only if one of the 5 tests positive is the gC/ms done. It is only a confirmatory test
Customer:

and the initial screen CANNOT detect clonazepam?

Nurse72
Nurse72, Nurse (RN)
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
I'm sorry that the other expert did not finish answering your question:

NO - clonazepam will not be detected by this 5-panel test at the screening or confirmation level of testing.

Also, since the test uses GC/MS confirmation, you will not have any issues with false positive test results from other medications.
Thank you family physician for answering my question for me when I was unavailable : ) I agree with his statement, the clonazepam is not tested in this panel.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
Nurse72
Nurse72, Nurse (RN)
Nurse72
Nurse72
Nurse72, Nurse (RN)