Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have read that creases in the ear lobe could be an

I have read that creases in the ear lobe could be an indication of heart disease or heart problems. Is there any scientific proof to that? My ear lobes used to be flat and creaseless, but as I have aged (I am 78, male), the creases in my face have come to include ear lobe creases (one in each).
Thank you
RBW
HI, Thanks for your question. My name is***** and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. Ear lobe creases are associated with syndromes in children but its really not true for adults to have any association of these creases to any medical problem. I am an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist and people do come to me many a times to ask the same question so i assure you too that there is no association of ear creases or face creases have with heart diseases or even any other illness. Our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. The reason I asked is because the latest television fad, Dr. Oz, has said that creases are an indication of heart disease. I doubted it, and am now more skeptical of the good doctor and his current "wisdoms" via the tube. There is a certain danger in taking television offerings without a dose of skepticism. Thank you again.

Ron Weinert

You are most welcome. I assure you there is no connection between the two and many a times these television offerings are not approved by FDA. Please send an excellent feedback if my answer was helpful to you. Regards