Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

About a week ago i did some cupping on my body and

Hello, About a week ago i...
About a week ago i did some cupping on my body and immediately i felt dizzy and nauseous. I was as well doing acupuncture and moxibustion... The next day my pulse went to a 100 for about half the day. I was feeling very bad. A few days later i went back to acupuncture and moxibustion and again my pulse went up to 90 and i started feeling very bad again. Later on that day i went for a walk and almost passed out. I have been feeling bad ever since, so i wentto the doctor and he took my blood count and everytthing came back normal. Also he took the amount of oxygen in my blood with the oximeter and it came out from 97 to 99. Is it possible i have a clot in my lung which is causing me to feel this way. As well at time i have a harder time breathing because my chest feels heavy. What test should i do now to see what is going in. As well my hesrt rate climbs quicker than usual after just walking. Please help thank you.
9/1/2012
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Dr. Owen :
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Dr. Owen : Hello - can you explain what you mean by 'cupping'?
Customer:

Cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine in which a local suction is created on the skin. What i did was, take a cup and burn a little fire in it to burn the oxygen and then put it over my belly button to suck the skin.

Customer:

sorry i took so long i just saw the msg.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

that is what I thought about the cupping - just wanted to be sure

Dr. Owen :

do you have any medical problems?

Dr. Owen :

Do you take any medications?

Customer:

Also my heart rate jumps from 75 to in the 90s just from laying down and standing up.

Dr. Owen :

And, this has only been going on for a day ?

Dr. Owen :

How much 'cupping' did you do?

Dr. Owen :

Do you have any marks on your body?

Dr. Owen :

Why did you do the cupping - are you trying to fix / treat something?

Customer:

Recently i was diagnosed with helico pylori and i took the treatment which killed the bacteria. And then i started the acu and moxibustion because i was diagnosed with chronic gastritis

Customer:

Thats why i did the cupping for the gastritis

Dr. Owen :

I see

Customer:

and i take metropolol 3 times a day 25 mgs each time because i was having postprandial distress syndrome while digesting my food

Dr. Owen :

how is the H. pylori doing - is your pain resolving

Dr. Owen :

Were you treated with TWO antibiotics, or just one?

Customer:

Yes the postprandial distress has diminished but is still there ut yes it is much less

Dr. Owen :

how about the antibiotics - did you use just one or two?

Customer:

2 antiobiotics

Customer:

Amoxicilin and fromilid

Dr. Owen :

GOOD - how many days did you take it for?

Customer:

And pantoprazole

Customer:

1 week

Dr. Owen :

okay

Dr. Owen :
Dr. Owen :

Well I don't think you have a clot

Dr. Owen :

That would be unusual at your age - as you are only 29

Dr. Owen :

What I think you possibly have going on is anxiety - however, you might also have a respiratory infection / inflammation going on

Customer:

Yes but i have lost 60 lbs and have been under major stress until i figured out that helico was my problem

Dr. Owen :

that is making a lot of sense now

Customer:

Would a respiratory infection show up on a blood test or urine test?

Dr. Owen :

So you lost a lot of weight recently -

Dr. Owen :

well a respiratory infection would show in a physical exam and/or a chest xray

Dr. Owen :

Which you should have

Customer:

Yes from 220 to 160lbs

Dr. Owen :

your pulse ox is very good - so that is not a concern

Dr. Owen :

your weight - that is a lot to lose very fast like you did

Dr. Owen :

If you had a blood clot your pulse ox would probably be a lot lower - so you probably do not have a blood clot in the lungs

Customer:

I have read that ones a blood test and oximeter can come out well and still have a problem with a blood clot

Customer:

this all started to happen since the cupping

Dr. Owen :

Well the cupping will not cause a blood clot

Dr. Owen :

and given your age - very Unlikely you have a blood clot

Dr. Owen :

very Unlikely

Dr. Owen :

and what is probably happening is anxiety about what you have done - such as the cupping, and combined with weight loss, your recent illness.

Customer:

So why all of a sudden my heart rate was at 100 the next day and now my heart is not acting normal as usual... With one movement my heart rate is jumping

Dr. Owen :

Usually when I see PE's - pulmonary embolisms - blood clots in the lungs - a person has a low pulse Ox, and they can not even talk, type on a computer

Customer:

Really

Dr. Owen :

Your heart rate can all be explained by anxiety, a respiratory infection, etc - but very Unlikely due to a clot

Dr. Owen :

Unless you have a very good reason for a blood clot in the lung called a PE - I would say you do not have it

Customer:

Is it possible to have a minor clot and not be that strong...?

Dr. Owen :

You would not be able to function, plus heart rates are a LOT higher with PE's - usually around 150

Dr. Owen :

no, a minor clot - is very unlikely too

Dr. Owen :

I think if you just continue to treat the H. pylori, eat well, try to exercise, you should improve and try not to do this cupping or any other NON-medical procedures on yourself

Dr. Owen :

I hope this helps

Customer:

Thank you... What kind of doctor would i goto to check for a respiratory infection?

Dr. Owen :

You can see a general physician, family doctor, or an Internal Medicine doctor

Dr. Owen :

I hope this helps

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT Service

Dr. Owen :

for helping you and spending time with you

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor

Hello, thing

We spoke about a week ago or so... I started walking more and i felt more oxygen to the brain and everything seemed much clearer! But now i started feeling sharp pains on top of my head and the side... My ears are popping and it feels as if my jaw is very tight... I feel like im getting oxygen to my brain but now these symptoms... As well i keep forgetting everything... Could this be symptoms of a blood clot in the brain? Also i forgot to mention while im under stress the image in front of me looks like its shaking. For example while im doing push ups... Or while my food is digesting because of the gastritis i stare at somethingsnd the image shakes....

What is your height and weight?
Is this exercising new to you?

5'8 160 lbs... Yes the exercise is new. Because i lost 60 Lbs from the helico.

Given your age this is very Unlikely to be a blood clot to your brain.
What you might be experiencing is more likely to be Anxiety / Stress.
So, what you should do is get a full physical examination to include an EKG of your heart, and the exam might identify something wrong, but more likely than not, your physical exam will be normal and you will not need to be concerned because from what you are telling me - this sound very much all due to stress.
I hope this helps
Please click on EXCELLENT
thank you

So the ekg will be ablento know if it is a clot even if the clot has traveled to the brain?

Well the EKG would not be able to tell a clot - but if you had a clot in your brain or somewhere else such as your lungs or leg - you would definitely know it.
And, at your age - very Unlikely you have a clot.
I hope this helps reassures you
Please click on EXCELLENT
Thank you
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor