How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 31182
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a big lump on my right butt cheek I have had it since

Customer Question

I have a big lump on my right butt cheek I have had it since I was 14 yrs old it has sharp pains at times could it be cancerous?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.

How big is it and when it gets painful does it get red and look infected? Is it spongy and moveable?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It hurts off and on its very sharp pain and its hard to walk until it stops. Its not spongy or moveable its just there and its the size of maybe a lemon and its on the inside not outside.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
So it's hard like a rock? And are you saying a doctor has never taken a look at it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well its not hard as a rock but you can see that its there and it a little firmer than the rest of my butt cheek. Can you tell me whether I should get it looked at or what it may be please. You can see it through whatever I wear whether its jeans or strech pants.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Well, of course you should have it looked at, but it sounds like a lipoma--a benign fatty tumor. If it's bothersome for you, the only way to treat it is to have it surgically excised.