Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

my right leg feels cold and numb (ish) but is normal to touch,

my right leg feels cold and numb (ish) but is normal to touch, feels like a cold breeze going up my trouser leg
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Have you undergone any tests so far?
Is there any other known medical illness?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

had no tests, and have no medical illness

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,

Dear XXXXX,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The numbness & cold sensation you are having can have all kinds of different causes,as it is a symptom of many different diseases.

It usually arises from damage or disease of nerves.Its most common causes are:nerve compression syndromes,pressure on the spinal nerves such as that due to a herniated disk,high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke,transient ischemic attack.Also this can be due to :Underactive thyroid,abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body,lack of vitamin B12,certain medications.

The underlying cause of numbness should be identified and then treated by your doctor.

You need following tests:

-Electromyography(EMG)
-Nerve conduction studies,
-Certain blood tests,
-Electro physiological studies
-Nerve conduction velocity (NCV)

So I advice you to make an appointment with a neurologist for these tests to know the exact cause & hence its treatment accordingly.

Hope this helped & I had provided you an excellent service.

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles