Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Is it possible to experience HIV ARS symptoms (Oral Thrush)

Is it possible to experience HIV ARS symptoms (Oral Thrush) after 7 weeks of potential exposure? online material says 2 to 4 weeks of potential exposure. can ars symptoms appear one after other for 2 months?

Hi--sorry for the delay in answering your question. What exactly did you mean by symptoms appearing one after another?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorey for the2the delay. Headache on 3rd week. Rash on forth week. Oral thrush on seventh week. Antigen test resulted negative on sixth week. But I need to wait for. 3 months for confirmation test.
Can you describe the rash? Do you have any medical conditions?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for the delay I was traveling and did not have access to internet.... I went to dermatologist and he said it did not look like STD related rash. I scratched the itchy skin and it turned red. No papules.. It was on my thigh...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I don't have any medical conditions as far as I know. No fever. I saw Oral Thrush on end of seventh week.

the rash came and went? What can you tell me about the headache?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes. Rash came and went. I had a minor headache for 1/2 day and I took tylenol and it took care of it...

OK. All in all, I don't think any of this--except perhaps the thrush--is any indication of HIV and even the thrush is suspect here. The usual ARS--the flu-like syndrome with perhaps some swollen nodes and the rash--usually, if at all, occurs two to four weeks after infection. For the thrush to be a sign of HIV would mean that the white count would probably be very low, and I assume yours isn't, and that doesn't occur for months to years after infection. Thrush can just happen--a momentary drop in the immune system not related to anything specific. The one time headache would not be a sign of HIV either. I really don't think there's any reason to suspect you're HIV positive, but you'll need to test negative at the three month mark to be sure about that.