How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Cap Your Own Question
Dr Cap
Dr Cap,
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 981
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Cap is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daughter has surgery in Aug./2000 to reair a meniscal tear

This answer was rated:

my daughter has surgery in Aug./2000 to reair a meniscal tear of the temporomandibular jiont this was done on the left side with a skin graft from her left hip, she now has a lot of facial/ jaw pain ,burning of the face that get red with a lot of heat coming from that she is totally disabled now she was a nurse at a hospital she is in bed all day because pain had become so bad her neck,shoulders, arms,legs and back hurt she cannot sit up nor can she lay all the way down she has lost her job ,a husband she has no quality of life, i was hoping that someone would know of a doctor that has treated a patient like her and if so do you know of someone who would be willing to help her. She has been to many hospitals but no one seems to care .If you know of a doctor who could help it would be a Blessing.
Janice White
I am so sorry for your dilemma and your daughters pain. I hear the desperation in your letter and would like to find a way to help.

What happened to the doctor who was treating her? How did she get the tear in the first place? This seems to be a long term chronic situation that may involve other medical complications besides her surgery.
Tell me where you live and some of the medical care she has had to date for her condition ( physical therapy, other surgeries, occupational therapy, chiropractic, etc.)

I answered your question because I saw it on our site for a longer time than I expected. After you respond with more information I may be able to help further but if I can't I will forward this to another who may.Thank you.
Dr Cap,
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 981
Dr Cap and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she was at work when she had the tear ,doctors there said could not find a reason for her pain tooks many weeks before an arthogram done by a radiologist who found the tear she was referred to oral surgeon who said surgery was next she was never able to chew food after that nor can she open her mouth very wide, surgeon she was under said he could not find anything wrong after surgery was sent back to her regeular doctor who has done everything he can to help her we have been to many hospitals no one seems to care or either they do not have a answer ,as for the surgeon in wilson,nc, he just droped her and said go to a pain mamagement clinic in greenville n.c.we have tired physical therapy but the pain in her jaw, face ,neck got so bad they stopped this her face get red and is very hot all the time when she get up to the restroom if for more than a few minutes her heart rate gets very high and she get hot and sweats a lot after this she will pass out if someone is not able to help her get back to the bed this person does not go outside to house except to be transported to her doctors office i would be thankful if someone could help her or knew of someone in north caroline who could as you can see she cannot travel .


Janice White

Hi Patricia,
I am going to try and re-categorize your question over to medical. Perhaps someone there may have some ideas. Cases like these need to have both dental and medical collaboration in order to get anywhere.
I will say that a dental/medical school/ teaching hospital is something you may try. They have multidisciplinary facilities that can be coordinated for the care and diagnosis of patients that can confound individuals.
Thank you for your kind rating.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected. I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Welcome to JustAnswer, and thank you for putting your trust in me!

Your description of the pain, as accompanied by vascular symptoms (flushing of the face) is highly suggestive of a neuropathic syndrome known as "complex regional pain syndrome". This condition is often preciptated by a relatively minor injury or surgical intervention. It may also go by the names "causalgia" or "reflex sympathetic dystrophy".

In cases like your daughters, there is power in numbers. The membership of the North Carolina CRPS/RSD Association is composed of people like your daughter who have pooled their experiences to their collective mutual benefit, and they would be able to provide guidance into therapies that work, and doctors who provide them. You can find out more about the North Carolina CRPS/RSD Association here:

Hope this helps...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.

You're welcome. Good luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you will try to see if some one out there will be able to come up with some help.


You're welcome. Good luck!