How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD Your Own Question
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9032
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Doctor, I've been having this pain in my right knee for

This answer was rated:

Dear Doctor,
I've been having this pain in my right knee for two years now. It started in the knee itself then a burning pain started in the shin and sometimes goes down to my toes (in severe cases). Strangely enough, the same burning sensation started in my right arm, and also moved to my fingers. I saw a neurosurgeon and he immediately sent me to do a brain MRI to rule out MS, which, thank God, was ruled out.
However, the pain is still there, in both knee and elbow. I can't say I'm doing a great job at seeking help, but it's only because I've had enough with going to doctors. However, now, my left elbow hurts a lot. I can't carry a book with both hands for more than 15 minutes straight - if one wants to read Russ***** *****terature, one needs to have good arms! I suspect it's tennis elbow in both of them. But I can't really tell why my knee hurts that much too. Maybe it's a different issue, but it's the same pain all over.
I'm starting to have a hunch in my posture, because of sitting behind the screen for too long. And I really want to go to the gym and work out, but I'm afraid I will hurt my knee and elbows even more.
Below is my medical history:
Microadenoma of the pituitary gland - controlled until it shrank and the cells in it went down.
Bulge in the 3rd and 4th vertebrae - according to the doctor it could become a slip disc
Vitamin D deficiency - also controlled, but I have to do a new test
Lump in the right breast, inner side of the nipple - not serious to warrant medication or surgery
I'm 30 years old and from the above you can see that I'm "damaged goods''! Could you please help me understand what is going on with me and which specialist exactly I should be going to?
I really appreciate your help and advice.
Waiting for your kind reply,
Welcome and thank you for your question.
I am sorry about the number of problems that you have had and i am sorry to add one more to the list based on your symptoms - your symptoms suggest that you could have developed arthitis. This is not common at your age. However, the symptoms are similar to those of arthritis.
Please consult your doctor and ask for an Xray of the knee joint. Consulting an orthopedic doctor will be best.
I hope this helps.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback.
You have given me a poor rating. May I know why? Did you want more information?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Honestly, I ran a search on this website, and it appears that many people had more money than they have decided taken from their bank accounts from you.

The rating you clicked on was meant for the answer, not for the website. The answer was accurate.
Please contact***@******.*** for any problems with the website. I will also send a report to the moderator.
It would help my profile if you clicked on a higher rating.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Your answer was hasty and somehow contradictory, you tell me that I might have developed arthritis, yet you say it's uncommon in my age. I know it's not impossible, but you scared me with your reply. You did not either tell me to which specialist to go.

I did not want to write this in my previous comment because I don't know how public this is, and I did not want to offend you, and I'm sorry if I have.

arthritis is uncommon at your age but it does occur - the answer is not contradictory in the least. And i did tell you to go to an orthopedic specialist. I am sorry if you missed that part of the answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I just saw it, thanks!

I thank you again for your reply, you are right, my concerns should go to the customer service. I have sent them my concern and waiting for their reply.

You are welcome. Unfortunately the poor rating will remain.
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you