How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Jerry E Your Own Question
Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1085
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Jerry E is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 14 year old daughter has been diagnosed with odd, bi polar

This answer was rated:

My 14 year old daughter has been diagnosed with odd, bi polar disorder, dermatiliamania, and nothing has worked to date. She has torn the texturing and sheetrock off the walls, her outbursts are almost constant and she is violent. she fials in school. she does her homework and refuses to turn it in. of course according to her, its all my fault and she takes no responsibility for anything ever. I hear people say " I love my child but I dont like them" well I'm not sure I love my child anymore. I know I dont like her
Is she currently on any medications?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
she was on 100 mgs of seroquel as well as melatonin after the last inpatient stay but couldnt function so the doc at the hospital weaned her off and has yet to provide a script for a new med. I asked our pediatrician and he referred me to another doc. My daughter is refusing to participate in treatment/sessions with the new doc. she wont even get in the car to go. She out weighs me by about 60 lbs. I also just found a profile for her on a dating site where she says she is 18, a mother, and bisexual.
During her violent spells, do you feel like you are at risk of being harmed by her or that she may harm herself?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
she bit me so hard last night that I still have bite marks and my arm is bruised. Its my fault I guess. I was trying to grab her and she bit me. I got her on the floor and sat on her. it just got worse. She has tried to hang herself twice and the hospital keeps her for a week or two and kicks her. Honestly I am more afraid that I will hurt her trying to defend myself or keep her from hurting herself or someone else. she is much bigger than me but I wont stand by and let her hurt me or her sister or the animals.

When was her last hospitilization? How often is she attending outpatient treatments? And in what city and state do you live?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
last hospitalization was Aug last year. that hospital did not set up aftercare. she has not been seen out patient since because she REFUSES to go . I live in Coweta Oklahoma.
I suggest you seek treatment at
Laureate Psychiatric Clinic and Hospital
6655 South Yale Avenue
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74136
(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Services

Laureate offers a comprehensive range of psychiatric approaches. From full hospitalization to day treatment to outpatient, each patient progresses individually toward achieving his or her treatment goals.

Evaluation and treatment are available for the full spectrum of psychiatric disorders as well as for those times when patients need help dealing with life’s changes and crises. Laureate outpatient clinic offers highly trained psychiatrists, psychologists and counselors to provide a variety of interventions including “talk” therapies, cognitive behavior therapies, group therapies and state-of-the-art medicine management. Outpatient treatment is often provided as an initial opportunity to interrupt problems before they become more severe.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Tried that. They wont take her cause Parkside kicked her.
Have you tried brookhaven?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
they don't take our insurance. It doesn't matter anyway I guess. none of them will keep her for more than a few weeks. Then we have a honeymoon period and then everything goes back to where it was. I guess I need to just give my mother in law guardianship and wash my hands of it all.
In my opinion, she needs to be admitted to a residential facility for long term, possibly indefinite, care. Your mother in law will not be able to adequately care for her.

Is there a facility near by that you have been to before that does take your insurance?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Parkside maybe. they only kept her two weeks last time. maybe shadow mountain. Ill call them in the morning.
She definitely will benefit from residential treatment so I hope you will contact them to set it up.
Please click on ACCEPT so that I get answer credit.
Dr. Jerry E and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you