How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has seen a doctor about pain in her breast, and she

This answer was rated:

hi, my wife has seen a doctor about pain in her breast, and she has gotton the following result, from them. picture links below "" "" "" can you please tell me if she will be okay for the next couple of years without having surgery, because i have a money problem right now, please explain what all the papers mean, as i dont understand them at all. thanks so much.


Apart from pain what are her symptoms?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
just alot of pain occasionally, sometimes when pain is too much, she feels nauseous, so she takes a painkiller.
Hello Ken Singh,

I have seen her report. Her symptoms and these reports suggest fibrocystic disease of breast and mastalgia. Usually surgery is not necessary for it. Following measures should be helpful to her;

1) A well-fitting sports brassiere

2) Relaxation therapy if anxiety is associated

3) Decrease the caffeine intake

4) A low fat diet has been proven to result in a reduction in hormones such as prolactin, believed to be implemented in the cause of mastalgia.

5) Exercise also lowers circulating estrogen levels and this may also be another simple lifestyle modification worth considering.

6) Medications; if significant pain danazol, bromocriptine and tamoxifen are the medications worth considering by your doctor.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
she has seen like 10 doctors in india, they told her that she has 5 lumps, one is big and hard, and the other 4 will get better by medicine, and they all said that she should get surgery for the big lump. the big lump that she has, she cant even touch it too hard, it hurts her. now my question is, is surgery really necessary, and what if she doesnt get surgery, whats the worse that can happen. can she wait like 3 years?
Ken Singh,

The big lump is fibroadenoma, which is non cancerous. It is very rare for it to change in cancer. Waiting for three years is unlikely to convert it in to cancer. Please read about it;

It is privilege assisting you.
Dr. Arun Phophalia and other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
btw with 1 year, she has gotton from size 30 to 34. is that normal to happen

A size increase can happen with fibroadenoma and fibrocystic disease of breast. The most important is that she does not have a cancer and delay in surgery would not cause any complication.