How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Saurabh Joshi Your Own Question
Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4665
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr.Saurabh Joshi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive had a quarter size irritation on the side of my penis

Customer Question

Ive had a quarter size irritation on the side of my penis for a few weeks now.. it gets very itchy along with my testicles and anus area but not painful. Went to doc and its not an std.. she just said to keep it clean and dry.. i have been and also started putting a topical anti fungal jock itch cream on it a few days ago. The itching is much better but round reddish irritation is still there. It looks like a dry patch of skin or psoriasis.. what should i do? I noticed it after having sex so that's why i went and got tested
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Saurabh Joshi replied 5 years ago.
It will be a pleasure to try and help with your concerns.
This is likely to be a fungal infection, you can continue applying the antifungal cream over it.
If this still persists after 3 - 4 days, seeing a dermatologist would be a good idea.
Applying an antifungal medicated powder like " Abzorb" containing "Clotrimazole" would abzorb moisture in the area as well as have an antifungal effect.
I hope this answer helps you get better soon.