How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Charles Your Own Question
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 7192
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Charles is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a whooshing feeling in the area of my right testicle

This answer was rated:

I have a whooshing feeling in the area of my right testicle intermittantly. Any ideas? I also have high blood pressure and diabetes, and am 56. Thanks
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
Since how long you have these symptoms?
Have you undergone any tests so far?
Do you have any swelling in testicles?
Is there any pain?
Any lump?
I am online and is waiting for your reply.
Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1- About a week, though I believe it was preceeded by a buzzing feeling I thought was my cell phone vibrating for about 3 months. 2-No tests yet 3-I dont think so, but not 100% sure 4-No pain 5- no lump detected Thanks
Dear *****,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:
The symptoms you are having can be due to a condition called epidydmitis.It is swelling (inflammation) of the epididymis, the tube that connects the testicle with the vas deferens.Another possibility can be of prostate gland inflammation called prostatitis.
So most probably the cause of your symptoms is inflammation or infection, or the testicle may have twisted slightly which is causing your symptoms.
You need following tests:
-Ultrasound of testicle,
-Urine examination
-Digital rectal examination (DRE),
-Prostate-specific antigen (PSA)
Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical & clinical examination.So I advice you to make an appointment with your urologist for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.Antibiotics will be prescribed if the infection is confirmed.
Hope this helped.
Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question. Please be sure to rate my answer when our correspondence is complete
Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles and 5 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Hi Jack
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Have you consulted your doctor for the tests?
Let me know,