How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 32671
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lump at the corner of my eye that I thought was a

This answer was rated:

I have a lump at the corner of my eye that I thought was a closed tear duct by it isn't getting better by bathing a massaging. Now what?
Can you describe the location and the appearance of the lump?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is under the skin just outside of the corner of my eye and I can't see it. I can only feel it, and my eye waters constantly.
It isn't painful and the skin color is normal?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, but I assumed it has something to do with the watering of the eye.

Is that a possibility?

Any redness to the eye?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a little bloodshot
OK You may have both an allergic condition and conjunctivitis--viral infection--of the eye. You can try antihistamines and some cortisone cream but if it doesn't clear in a few days, have a doctor take a look at it to see if you need antibiotics.
Dr. Chip and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you