Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I get red splotches on my arms and sometimes on my lower

Customer Question

I get red splotches on my arms and sometimes on my lower legs. The do not hurt or itch and they come and go. I have asthma and lots of allergies, so I take a lot of medications that tend to dry me out. Could the medications be causing the red spots?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

The red splotches that have been appearing spontaneously could indicate platelet dysfunction or low platelet count or even liver dysfunction.

You should meet your GP and get a complete blood count done to estimate the blood cell count and also get a liver enzyme study done.
Drugs can often cause liver enzyme abnormalities and platelet problems that can cause spontaneous capillary bleeds.

Any more question, feel free to ask.

Please remember to rate me excellent service to give credit for my answer and time.

IF you feel the need to rate negatively and have additional questions, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION or REPLY TO EXPERT button . I would be happy to answer all your questions till you are satisfied.
Any more question, feel free to ask.