How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 32656
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been having vacular restrition migrains and they have

This answer was rated:

I've been having vacular restrition migrains and they have been causing me to black out at work. I suffered a head trama a year ago. Could something from that trama be causing them to flare up now?
Have the headaches only been since the head trauma and can you tell me what happened there? Have you had an MRI of the brain and seen a neurologist about this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was getting them prior to the incident, but they have worsened since.
I had the left side of my head shoved into the side car window.
I haven't been for an MRI. I haven't been able to get into see my doctor as of yet.
Tell me more about the blackouts.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It starts by losing my vision in my left eye, from left to right then goes into my right eye. I get dizzy. I get a ringing in my ears. I haven't passed out yet.

does that occur before the headache?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes it does

OK. How is this different now from before the injury?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the intensity and frequency.
OK. Migraines after head injury are a frequent occurrence and exacerbations of them are also common. You do need the MRI to rule out an aneurysm or a brain tumor--both very unlikely here--but you need to see a neurologist for an evaluation and proper medication for these which would include Imitrex, Zomig, or Tegretol.
Dr. Chip and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you