How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robert Fernando Your Own Question
Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Health Question Here...
Robert Fernando is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Doctor: Over the last year I had minor discomfort below 1

This answer was rated:

Over the last year I had minor discomfort below 1 knee when I knelt down on a hard surface. My doctor thought it might be a nerve issue but as long as it was minor we agreed it was nothing to worry about. Well, the last couple of months I have a similar problem with my other knee. It is much more sore when I kneel down and feels sore when I rub or massage it. My motion and physical activity is not affected at all. I could walk up and down a mountain and not feel a thing. My discomfort only occurs when I make contact with anything on my knee. What do you suggest?
Thank you for your question. This is Dr. Robert, I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.
I am going to assist you with your question today, First, I need a little more information:
Have you undergone any tests?
On a grade of 1 to 10 how will you rate the pain?
Do you have swelling in knee?
Any past significant medical illness?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No tests.
Pain: 2 again only on contact
NO swelling
No past significant medical illnesses
Dear Customer, Thanks for providing the additional information.
There are few possibilities which may cause such symptoms. These are-
1. Osteoarthritis in the knee
2. Degeneration of the cartilage under the knee cap
3. Damage to the anterior ligament
To make a diagnose, you need to go for-
- MRI of knee
- Complete blood count test
The line of treatment is-
A knee brace as needed, rest, and anti inflammatory medications.
You should take help from physical therapist. Physical therapy includes various modalities like - Short wave diathermy, Infra red , Wax therapy ,these will help you a lot.
Also exercise programs can rehabilitate the tissues in and around the involved tendon. Along with this Cortisone injections may be helpful for this condition.
Your doctor can prescribe Anti-inflammatory pills along with steroid injections/ drugs to treat the condition.
I suggest you to consult Orthopedician for management of this issue.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with EXCELLENT SERVICE.
Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback.
Thank you
Robert Fernando and other Health Specialists are ready to help you