Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

My chest feels warm to the touch. and i feel a bit off

my chest feels warm to...
my chest feels warm to the touch. and i feel a bit off balance. not too sure what this could be, tried looking up symptoms but nothing really catches the eye...please respond
7/31/2012
Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info

How long have you had these symptoms?
maybe an hour or so..maybe a little less, but ive noticed it that its been going on for a couple days...but not throughout the whole day
Do you have any other symptoms?
no, just that and the off balance feeling. family history consists of hypertension and anxiety, both in which i have and both in which are being controlled by medication. i have had, in the past year, ekg's, echocardiograms, and stress echo. all in which came back normal. tomorrow i go for a brain mri because of the off balance feeling they just want to rule things out.
Have you had recent blood testing?
but they are going to do that again tomorrow.
I am concerned with some sort of infection. Mononucleosis, Pneumonia and Tuberculosis are amongst the most likely associated with your symptoms. Your lab work tomorrow should determine if these are present.
are these deadly or anything? or treatable? i am a college athlete and would hate to give that up
Well if you are in college, your university likely required you to be immunized for TB prior to enrollment. Do you have a record of your immunizations?
i dont think so, but i know i didnt get any shots before entering college two years ago, i think the last one i had was back in high school.
sorry, i think it sent numerous times
You probably had this immunization a number of years ago..
Regardless, all 3 of the conditions I mentioned are bacterial infections that could be deadly if left untreated, but are all able to be cured with antibiotics. You need to visit a doctor as soon as possible to determine what you are dealing with. They will be able to prescribe the right medication to cure the infection and get you feeling better.
the blood work tomorrow will be able to tell if i have any of these? and i mean there is a possibility that i dont have any of them correct?.
the blood work will indicate if you have any of these infections. And yes, there is a possibility that you do not have any of them. I couldn't diagnose any of them without reading your lab results, it's my best guess based on your symptoms.
Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Please click on ACCEPT so that I get answer credit. Ask more if needed.
Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)