Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Ive just noticed a buzzing like vibration in/near the heel

I've just noticed a buzzing like vibration in/near the heel of my left foot. At first I thought it was from the recliner I was on but last night I noticed it while in bed and its constant now. It lasts a bout a second and occurs about every 2 seconds. What could be the cause of this? I did fall twice last winter with arch of that foot landing on the edge of a step and all my weight on top of it.
Lower back pain?
Duration?
Swelling,pain in heel?
Any other medical history?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No lower back pain. I've just noticed the buzzing the other day and realized it's constant as of last night. No swelling or pain. Only a history of migraines.
Thanks for providing more information.
Such vibration feeling comes when there is any fasciculation of muscles or irritation nerve. This can occur from overuse ,exertion etc.
It can also occur from deficiency of calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium-electrolytes, vitamins, dehydration etc.
Poor circulation also can cause muscle contraction.
You need to get an examination by a doctor to find the precise cause if your symptoms'll persist.
Keep yourself hydrated with plenty of fluids.
Do some gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment on affected area.
Take some multivitamin supplement containing B, E vitamins with calcium.
Do some stretching.
Avoid wearing high heels.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dr. I have also been treated for heel spurs but they haven't seemed to bother me lately. I am overweight and have had a very busy week travelling and such....could these play a part? Lastly I'm wondering if I'm beginning to feel a bit of a feeling similar to numbness but not actually feeling numb. Any thoughts?
Thanks for the follow-up.
As you have heel spur so it can cause compression of nerve in it's path and later result in such weird vibrating,numbness sensation in heel of foot.
Also overexertion can be a contributing factor.
So you can do some gentle massage and stretching.
And take some rest.
Avoid prolonged hours of standing/sitting in same position.
Wear Orthotics/cushion pad in shoes.
Avoid wearing high heels as much as possible.
If your symptoms'll persist then consult a podiatrist for further evaluation and management.
I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so very much for your time and attention! Have a wonderful day!
Thank You for using justanswer.com