Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

My little one is a year old. She was not vacconated today

with MenC and HIB as...
My little one is a year old. She was not vacconated today with MenC and HIB as she has an ear infection.
I just found out one of the babies she was with yesterday at a class has chicken pox. What are the chnaces she will get it and how contagious is it? I was planning on vaccinating her for Varicella - if I do so in the next 2-3 days (she is currently on antibiotics) will it prevent the illness IF SHE IS ALREADY IN INCUBATION?
I know there is a medicine she can take if she does get to make things much easier - whats the name of it?
Thanks.
7/19/2012
911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
911Doctor :

Welcome, My answers are for educational purposes only. Remember please, that we do not get paid if you do not click 'accept' / give positive ratings!

911Doctor :

she will likely get the chicken pox

911Doctor :

vaccination now will not help

911Doctor :

but if she does get it a medicine called acyclovir

911Doctor :

as you can see, it contains more detailed info for you than i have provided above.

911Doctor :

chicken pox is highly contagious but it is not a certainty she will get them.

911Doctor :

Tylenol for fever

911Doctor :

reference above

911Doctor :

if she does get sick check with her pediatrician regarding acyclovir.

911Doctor :

and please give positive feedback if this has been helpful.

911Doctor :

if you have questions please do not hesitate to ask

911Doctor :

and i hope she does not get the chicken pox.

911Doctor :

thanks for your question

911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
911Doctor
911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor