Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I'm 22 years old (international student) and my school

I'm 22 years old (international student) and my school request to send them my immunization record for Measles, Mumps. Rubella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Acellular pertussis, Hepatitis B, Varicella. I don't have my immunization records from when I was a child. I know I had all my shots except Hepatitis B, I just can't prove it! what should I do? I live know in northern Virginia? they told me I can have a serologic proof of immunity but where I can do that and what about the Hepatitis vaccine?
Thank you!

The immunity serology can be ordered by a doctor at a walk in clinic or at the local Health Department. As for the hepatitis B, you'll probably be asked to get the three rounds of vaccinations for that. That vaccine can also be gotten at a walk in clinic or at the Health Department.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your previous answer but can the three rounds of hepatitis vaccinations can be done within one month?
No--you get the first, then the second a month later, and the third about five months after the second. So long as you begin the vaccination schedule, there should be no problem--there are many of us who have never had the vaccine since it was instututed after we had already become adults. If there's any problem, you can be screened for hepatitis B now and if you're negative, which you most likely are, then again there'd be no problem with starting the vaccinations.