How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 31211
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I am getting in trouble . I want the suicidal thoughts

This answer was rated:

I think I am getting in trouble . I want the suicidal thoughts to stop. Can you give any suggestions? I am resting and can't go to sleep. I do have a good husband in the house asleep. I'm afraid to bother him. Guess I feel guilty worried dumb. The psychiatrist keeps tweeking the medicine but any conflict or nothing sets off those thoughts to escape. Is there something I can do to shut it off? Thank you

Sorry--I'm a little unclear as to your question here--are you saying you're seriously considering suicide?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes those thoughts are there and I do and don't want toove forward.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Now I'm confused . Is there someway to stop the si thoughts? Thanks pills could stop time and give some relief. What can I do any suggestions?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No answer came through Thanks
Sorry for the delay. Is your psychiatrist aware of your suicidal thoughts?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I could always call him any time but I'm out of state right now
OK--sorry but you've put me in a very difficult situation here, since this forum is not an appropriate one for taking the place of a suicide emergency call center. For now, all I can say is that you should call your psychiatrist immediately and let him know about your thoughts or call the suicide hot line. The alternative would be to let your husband know. While just having the thoughts of suicide doesn't mean someone will actually attempt it, since I don't know you like your psychiatrist does, I can't tell how serious you may be.
Dr. Chip and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No--don't be sorry--not your fault at all, and I'll be more than happy to continue with you, but I had to put out the disclaimer that when someone is considering suicide I have to strongly suggest that they get help right away.
Dr. Chip and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions