Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Hi is it possible for an enlarged spleen, enlarged liver from

Hi is it possible for an enlarged spleen, enlarged liver from fatty something cant remember what it is called and enlarged uterus be connected?
Greetings Angie .

Fatty liver disease comprises of various range of liver involvement as following;

1) fatty liver alone ( termed steatosis). There is no inflammation of liver and may not cause symptoms or any complications.
2) fatty liver associated with inflammation (steatohepatitis).

This steatohepatitis can occur with the use of alcohol (alcohol-related fatty liver) or in the absence of alcohol (nonalcoholic fatty liver disease The enlarged uterus is not related to it. Following are the causes of enlarged uterus:

1) Uterine fibroids (benign / non cancerous)
2) Adenomyosis (non cancerous). Both of these are common causes of enlarged uterus.
3) Contraceptive use
4) Cancer
5) Pelvic congestion syndrome.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. Please note you are rating my help and not the web site or the solution; only my help. If you feel the need to rate negatively, please stop and reply to me via the Reply To Expert or Continue Conversation button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,