Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I tested positive on my pregnancy test but I've been

bleeding for two days and...
I tested positive on my pregnancy test but I've been bleeding for two days and my period is due tomorrow its not that heavy plus the positive test was kinda faded. What's going on?
7/1/2012
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Just to be clear, when was your last period?

June 1st.
OK--that puts you in the right time frame, and It may be that the reason for the test seeming a bit faded is because at most you would be two weeks after conception, and that's the point where the test can first be positive. I suggest you test again in a few days whether or not you get your regular period and if it is still positive, then you would be pregnant. This could be implantation bleeding or it could just be a flux in hormones.
ok I test yesterday, should I test tomorrow?
That would be fine--if it's obviously positive, you have your answer.
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
I've been bleeding light for 5 days Its been real light red but dark brown like old blood. I haven't took my test but i'm going to take it later on today. How long does implantation bleeding really lasts?i'm kinda scared!
I understand and implantation bleeding doesn't usually last that long. Potentially, this could just be a hormone flux problem and that can be from thyroid conditions or something call polycystic ovarian syndrome. Retake the test, but you should also see a gynecologist for this no matter the results.
someone told me it can last up to a week.
Anything's possible, but usually it lasts no more than a regular period and often a few days less.
ok. So is it a chance I can still be pregnant?
a chance, but I don't think it's very likely.
I just took a ouvlation test and the control line is dark and the test line is kinda faint. What does that mean?
Which test exactly did you use and what color is the line?
Ovulation predictor and there both pink. The control line is darker than the test line, the test line is faint.
Ovulation predictor and not a pregnancy test?
I don't have a way to get the pregnancy test rightnow! Your not being very helpful at all. Im trying to find out why is it a faint line on the ovulation test?
Sorry, but you're using the wrong test. The line means you're ovulating and not that you're pregnant.
I took a test yesterday afternoon and it came back negative. I stopped bleeding right after I took the test and it lasted for 6days. My period came two days early and I was wonder if you had any suggestions?
OK--any recent stress in your life? Have you recently taken up exercising?
To both?
I've been having lower back pains for a few days, it got wroser yesterday. I had a sys removed before I had my one year old son and I haven't felt like this in a minute.
Sorry--didn't quite understand all that?
I'VE ALSO BEEN HAVING LOWER BACK PAINS FOR A FEW DAYS AND IT HAS GOTTEN WORSER TODAY WHERE I HAD TEARS IN MY EYES. I HAD A OVERIE REMOVED BEFORE I HAD MY ONE YEAR OLD SON AND I'M EXPERIENCING THE SAME THING.
OK--stress, exercise, polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid problems--as I said before, any of those can affect periods. The best thing to do is see a gynecologist to see exactly what's going on.
I am now having a lot of abdominal pain and lower back pain. My breast are sore and I have a high sensetive smell. I aslo have been having headaches and spitting a lot.
Where is the abdominal pain?
In my abdominal area ... I still think i'm pregnant and it could of been a false negative because I was drinking a lot of fluids before I took the 2nd test....
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)