Nurse Susan
Nurse Susan, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN, BSN, MSN-ED, Nurse Educator whose passion is helping people understand their health and wellness
5707095

Urinary tract infection. possible to get prescription

urinary tract infection. possible to get prescription online? not insured.
Dr. Owen :

Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

Dr. Owen :

Do actually have an urinanalysis that proves you have an Urinary tract infection (UTI)?

Dr. Owen :

We can not prescribe medications online, but I can offer some suggestions.

According to a recent study reported on the internet more than 8 to 10 million people have a urinary tract infection every year. Yes you can buy "Herbal Remedies" online but I would be careful to check all the credentials of the manufacturer.

A urinary tract infection can be serious business and you should seek medical attention but in the mean while if you can't get to the doctors office try some cranberry juice. It will help wash away the bacteria causing the infection. Drink more than you usually would but be reasonable, too much of anything can hurt you.

If you have constant pain or pressure in your lower back, nausea and vomiting you should see your MD soon.

A urinary tract infection left untreated by any means could spread to the kidneys and you don't want that!

GOOD feedback is always a good thing.

HelloCustomer

I am sorry for the discomfort you are in; UTIs are not pleasant. I wanted to add some additional information here. "Herbal Remedies" are not antibiotics and will not treat a UTI. Cranberry juice makes the urine a bit more acid so its not as nice of a "home" for the bacteria that cause a UTI, but you would need to drink massive quantities of cranberry juice to achieve this. Cranberry PILLS can do this, but it is important to drink allot of fluids when you have a UTI as it does flush out the bladder somewhat, but is not a cure.

No valid or ethical health care provider would prescribe over the Internet. The reason providers would not prescribe without an in person exam is that without the exam, there really is no way to know everything that is happening with the patient. And there is no way to establish a patient-provider relationship; working TOGETHER with your provider gives him/her the best probability for helping you obtain effective and safe medication.

Please see a health care provider for antibiotics as untreated UTI's can be potentially quite dangerous if they travel upwards to the bladder and kidney; if you lack the funds and or do not have one (you state you are uninsured) there are low cost clinics: here is a web page to help find them. http://www.needymeds.org/free_clinics.taf and http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/Search_HCC.aspx and http://www.pparx.org/en/prescription_assistance_programs/free_clinic_finder

I hope I was able to help,

Sincerely, Susan
Nurse Susan, Nurse (RN)
Experience: RN, BSN, MSN-ED, Nurse Educator whose passion is helping people understand their health and wellness