Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have a very sore mid back just under the shoulder blades

and I am finding it...
I have a very sore mid back just under the shoulder blades and I am finding it very painful
to take deep breaths, it woke me up about 3 times last night in great pain and the breathing was extremely difficult. I have taken a Muscle relaxer and used heat and neither has given me any relief. (I was golfing last Saturday and also hurt my left shoulder, it is a possible rotator cuff tear, not sure if these are related). Would this possibly be just a pulled muscle in my back as well
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2012
Dr.S.A.Alam
Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Dr.S.A.Alam :

I will try to help you with your questions.

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Q... Do you have any previous medical issues ?

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Q... How severe is this pain ?

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Q... When this pain started ?

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Q... It has increased or decreased over this time ?

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Q... Does this pain area hurts when you press on it ?

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Q.. Do you have cough. sputum ? shortness of breath ?

Customer:

Hi, I have several medical issues, I have a herniated disc c5-6 ? and spinal stenosis on right, degenerative

Customer:

disc disease, low back, neck, and shoulder

Customer:

The pain was quite severe last night and it woke me up 3 times, I tried walking a tennis ball up my back and it was very tender, I don't have a cough or shortness of breath

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Q... Does this pain radiates to the front of chest ?

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Q... Is there some rash in this area ?

Customer:

no.

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Ok, thank you for your replies.

Dr.S.A.Alam :

I will give my evaluation and you can ask more questions if you have any.

Dr.S.A.Alam :

This pain seems more likely to be due to musculoskeletal pain.

Dr.S.A.Alam :

As you have disc and spine problems so there are high chances that this pain is due to very same reason.

Dr.S.A.Alam :

If the spines hurt when you press on them then there are high chances that this is a spine issue and needs ASAP evaluation with clinical examination, tests like X rays and MRI scan.

Dr.S.A.Alam :

As i am not able to examine you so this puts me at a point where i cannot give exact diagnosis.

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Your questions ? queries ?

Dr.S.A.Alam :

But there are high chances that this is musculoskeletal issue and if spines are also tender then ASAP evaluation is needed.

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Your questions ? queries ?

Dr.S.A.Alam :

You have questions that you want to ask. ?

Customer:

Thank you, ***** ***** go and get checked out

Dr.S.A.Alam
Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Thank you,
Do come back for more questions.
Have a nice day.

I did have an xray in June and I have mild lower thoracic kyphoscoliosis and mild degenerative disc disease throughout the thoracic spine.

I don't again know if this is related but I am having trouble catching my breath

and I feel winded, my back is not hurting like previous, I took my blood pressure last night when I was having trouble breathing and it was 87/66 heart

rate 85 and 90/67 heart rate 84. I have been taking ativan in case it is only

anxiety but it doesn't seem to help, if this was anxiety would my blood pressure be higher and would my heart rate also be higher. I do cough and

sometimes it is squeeky.

thanks

Laurie

Relist: Answer came too late.
Dr Aram is offline and I would like this forwarded
to another Dr. I am very please with Dr.Aram however would like an answer soon as I don't know
when he will be back online
Thank you
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
hi
I was reading your question
I am *really concerned* about your symptoms and this does not sound like it is related to your back or to anxiety. Your blood pressure is pretty low.
I am worried that your shortness of breath may be related to a blood clot in the lungs, heart disease or even a pulmonary infection. The first two on my list are the highest likely causes
I would go to the ER asap. Even if your blood pressure was normal, someone who is in their mid 50s and has issues with shortness of breath needs to be seen by a physician asap.
I am an ER doctor in the USA and that is what I would do..
Please let me know it goes...
Warm regards,
Please choose accept,or rate a 4 or 5 so that I may get credit for my time and expertise.
Thanks for using Just Answer!
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor

Thank you for your quick response. I am going to the ER now I will let you

know how I make out. Thanks again

Laurie

Sure. I will be on all night- I will be looking out for you :-)

Hi Dr. Cameron, I just got home from the ER, they did EKG, blood and urine

and said everything was ok, lungs sounded clear, no idea why I am having

trouble breathing. Told me to see my GP. They did not do any xray. I wished

I lived in the USA as I think I would get better care and an answer.

Thank you so very much for your concern and quick response.

Laurie

thanks for the follow up. I wish they did a chest xray on you too!
Don't be afraid to go back if you are feeling worse... sometimes they miss something on the first go. And please follow up with your doctor asap.
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor