DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I have had CT scan done of sinuses and brain both. They

I have had CT scan done of sinuses and brain both. They could not find anything.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
OK

So why do you think your current problems are related to the past infection?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Don't know, just a guess.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
OK
If the CT is clean this is not it.

You need to be checked for asthma of course.
And treated correctly.

You should have allergy testing and allergy shots if this is the problem. This would also help in the case of asthma.

Garlic has some effect, minimally, based on minimal evidence, for these conditions, it has been tried in traditional medicine but its use is much more pronounced at a chelating agent..taking out heavy metals, and this might be one of the reasons for its other therapeutic effects.

Use reply if you need to clarify

Please don't forget to complete the answer process so I am credited for work and expertise. Even after we are done come back if you need to. Positive/excellent feedback the best! Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am allergic to pretty much everything mold, pollen, cats etc. I was taking allergy shots and had anaphylactic shock, so stopped it.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
I would consult with a different allergist.
There ought to be a way of doing that correctly in the right hands.

There are other methods of desensitization in alternative medicine that I have seen help

Here is one

http://www.naet.com/

Use reply if you need to clarify

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I could not find a practitioner of naed in my area.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
NAET

Another method that I have repeatedly cured allergies with is classical homeopathy.

Here is a site where you can find practitioners

www.homeopathic.org.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have tried homeopathy as well. Which medicine in homeopathy you cured allergies with?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
That is not how homeopathy works, and that is why it does not work when you just try a remedy. There are 3000 remedies and any one could be the remedy that fits your case.

Finding that out required extensive analysis, probably a 2 to 6 hour interview with exam, and then maybe more analysis before a remedy is chosen.

Anyone telling you that there is a remedy for allergies does not know what homeopathy is about.

That is why you have to have a trained practitioner.

Traditional Chinese medicine with acupuncture has also worked well in some cases.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have tried homeopathy from a trained homeopath doctor with 5-6 hrs interview and not only one doctor but many. That's why I asked which remedy did you use to treat allergies? I have tried Kali Bichromicum, Nux Vomica, Hydrastis some other powdered stuff given to me by homeopaths. But I am still here with this pain in occipital region, sometimes thick greenish discharge.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
There is no remedy "for" something in homeopathy.
Unless the correct remedy is used, it will not work.
There is no way I could tell you what the correct remedy for you is.
There are homeopaths that have had nothing more than a 40 hours course for a certification.
There are homeopaths that now go to a homeopathic medical school.
And there are MDs that have practiced homeopathy in all situations, even cancer, for years.
So you have to find the right homeopathy.

NEAT is good, even if you have to travel.
Traditional Chinese medicine can be good.

There are shots called enzymatic potentiated desensitization..which are much less in dosage....used by alternative medicine doctors.

Functional medicine doctors look at all of your underlying disease mediators, from gut function to immunity, hormones, etc..and address these, and have cured this situation many times, and it is measurement and evidence based.

Those are found here
www.functionalmedicine.org

Use reply if you need to clarify