Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

my daughter had a wipples operation 2 years ago ,part of her

my daughter had a wipples operation 2 years ago ,part of her pancreas,gall bladder,and is tired all the time,she sleeps for 14 hours a day,she is aged 44,,i wonder what she should be taking to boost her system,she is not one any medication

Dr. Owen :

Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

How is her weight and pain?

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Customer:

she has lost about 1 stone in the last 9 months,also hair loss,she is also depressed

Dr. Owen :

She might want to get help from a couple of professionals - such as from a Nutritionist to help for her diet - as she more than likely requires a special diet to help her digest food.

Dr. Owen :

She also probably needs to help with possible enzymes since she had a Whipple procedure.

Customer:

hhow does she go about getting this

Dr. Owen :

And, she also should consider getting help from a psychologist and a psychiatrist for her depression which is not that uncommon with people who have had a Whipple procedure.

Dr. Owen :

She will need to see her GP - Primary doctor to get a referral, and you can help her too by calling for her to make appointments to get seen.

Dr. Owen :

But, you have to be PRO-active in getting this done.

Customer:

ok thank you for your help,is she in any danger if she does not do any of these things

Dr. Owen :

No, there is no immediate danger - but she should try to get some help from these types of professionals so she does not continue to lose weight.

Dr. Owen :

I hope this helps

Dr. Owen :

Please click on ACCEPT

Dr. Owen :

IF you have more questions, please ask

Dr. Owen :

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
just to let u know th,, my daughter went to doctors and she is lacking vitimin b12 she is having 3 injections a week for 2 weeks then one a month,she has more male testerone than female,but injections should help thank you
Thank you