911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

My sex life now (My age is 60 Years) is that I meet my girl

My sex life now (My age is 60 Years) is that I meet my girl friend for a week every month or two, so I am not worried for the problem of ejaculation until we meet.
What is the danger if I take the Omnic Ocas only during the week with my girl friend and stop it for month or two until we meet again.
Category: Health
Expert:  911Doctor replied 5 years ago.
911Doctor :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

911Doctor :

can you tell me what this is? 'omnic ocas'?? i will look it up but i have not heard of this...

911Doctor :

ah

911Doctor :

found it...

Customer:

For prostate

911Doctor :

got it...

911Doctor :

what is your concern? why would you want to take it only during the week when you are with your girlfriend and stop it at other times?

Customer:

Why I should take all my life?

Customer:

Originally this is my case

Customer:

along with benine prostate enlargement I have, with all the typical symptoms, I experience a difficulty in ejaculation when the orgasm comes. I feel as if the track of ejaculation is blocked, and then I loose the erection. It is not that I have no sperm fluid.
Does Omnic Ocas may help in this case. How it works on this problem.
If Omnic Ocas does not help, what other opsions may help.

911Doctor :

you have symptoms from prostate enlargement, i assume, the need to get up at night and urinate frequently... is this correct?

Customer:

I just wrote my concern.

911Doctor :

i see that

911Doctor :

do you notice that the omnic ocas gives you relief from your prostate symptoms or do you notice no difference?

911Doctor :

but if you are only taking it for benign prostatic hypertrophy and you do not notice that it helps you very much then you may want to speak with your doctor about changing medicines.

Customer:

My problem is in ejaculation and for that my doctor prescribed the Omnic Ocas

911Doctor :

i see

911Doctor :

is this a urology doctor?

911Doctor :

and does the medicine HELP with your ejaculatory problems?

Customer:

Yes he is Urologist. It helped but not much

911Doctor :

then there is absolutely no danger in using this medicine as you describe... only the week with your girlfriend....

911Doctor :

it is a symptomatic medicine

911Doctor :

and i initially misunderstood your question

911Doctor :

there are a few side effects that you can read about HERE and the one i would point out for you in particular is that if you use this medicine once in a while you can experience light headedness on standing up.....

Customer:

My question in fact was refered to a doctor that yesterday chated with me in wour website and he says that I need to take it with no mach to my sex agenda. That is wahy I send my new question to you tody.

911Doctor :

I'm not sure i understand what you just wrote...

911Doctor :

you are saying that a doctor on this site yesterday told you to take it every day, regardless

911Doctor :

correct?

Customer:

Dr. Tiwari yesterday said that I should not stop the medicine when I have no sex and I shold take it continiously. therefore I explained today that my sex life is not continious and ask why I should not stop it for a month or two in the periods I am not having sex

911Doctor :

i think that asking your prescribing doctor is the way to go as you will no doubt get differing opinions here.... the concern about stopping and starting this medicine has to do with the side effects

911Doctor :

your body gets used to the medicine and you are less likely to have a fainting episode if you take it continuously

Customer:

I did not experience fainting side effect so far

911Doctor :

it would also seem to me that if you are having symptoms from your prostatic enlargement that taking the medicine would be a good thing to do regularly

911Doctor :

'so far'

911Doctor :

i understand

911Doctor :

and it is, quite frankly, unlikely that you will, but it is possible

911Doctor :

and particularly possible if you stop and start the medicine

911Doctor :

but i think the risk is very small

911Doctor :

and DO think that this is best asked of your urologist because he knows the rest of your medical history, your typical blood pressure, and may have reasons other than the ones stated for wanting you on this medicine regularly.

Customer:

Based on that I do not experience fainting side effect and based on that my sex life is not continious (a week every one or two months) do you recommend to me to take the omnic ocas continiously or to stop it in the periods I have no sex?

911Doctor :

sir,

911Doctor :

i am not your doctor

911Doctor :

i can not make medication recommendations online.... it is foolish

911Doctor :

what i CAN do

911Doctor :

is tell you that to me

911Doctor :

your idea at least makes sense

911Doctor :

and it would be reasonable to inquire of your urologist if you can take the medicine this way

911Doctor :

i would not think you were being foolish if you DID take it this way now that you know the side effects and the concerns of not taking it regularly

911Doctor :

but i can not tell you to do it

Customer:

Thank you

911Doctor :

i hope that makes sense to you.

911Doctor :

you are most welcome

911Doctor :

do you have any further questions for me?

911Doctor :

if you do not, please do click 'accept' so that JA will forward my fee to me

911Doctor :

and i wish you the best with this issue