How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17814
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wat should I do if I got a groaning muscle pulled It feels

Resolved Question:

Wat should I do if I got a groaning muscle pulled It feels slightly torn and have work tomarroe should I rest on it ? And wat procedures should I.take to heal it ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

How long the symptom is there?

How did it occur?

Is there any swelling? redness, tenderness?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It just occured today . At work ,slight pain if torn lil bit of a ball underneath it jus feels a lil painful now during movements
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

Muscle pull usually does not cause swelling.

When you feel ball under skin there can be muscle tear or a hernia too.

I would advise to take an examination by doctor.

The symptoms increase with activity.

Treatment of muscle pull is to keep the muscles at rest.

Application of ice can be helpful.

Please do not apply directly.

Apply after wrapping in a towel & not more than 10-15 min at a time.

If the pain is much, analgesics with antiinflammatory actions like motrin or naproxen can be taken if there is no contraindication.

You need to take it after meal to avoid irritation of stomach.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Should I stay at work it consists of heavy lifting should jus take it easy for awile
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 years ago.
You should take rest & not strain the area.

You should get the ball like swelling checked by doctor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is,there a,way I can get a note to take time off or email stating my occurence
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, you need to get an examination by doctor in person.

Without physical examination, no note is valid legally.
Dr. Saha and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you