Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Well, my history is probably important to this, but starting

well, my history is probably important to this, but starting monday night I started to feel nauseas and had a headache and felt weak. The headache started small, but after a couple hours grew into a big one. This came with the nausea and the shaky/weak feeling. Later in the night, i got stomach pains, like on and off, burning/sore sensation that would come and go. sometimes around the belly button, and often around the right side. I also went to the bathroom more then normal, but no diarhea. By morning, the nausea was mostly gone, but the headache was still there. Eventually, that faded and i was left kinda weak all day, and ate late, but still had the pains in my lower abdoman. They would come and go, and move around a bit, but generally on my lower right side, sometimes very low, like almost groin area. I could push around with my hand, and there wasnt any major pain, and i could move around, walk, jump and stuff, maybe a 3 at the strongest on a 1-10 scale. Mostly I slept a lot and was tired. Yesterday and today, more feeling weaker then normal, but a bit better each day, but I still deal with the stomach pains, like today, I feel like it comes generally about 3 hours after eating, a soreness and a burning, around where my colan seems to be, lower right side. I never had a fever any of the days. I have a bit of a history of this pain going back 2 years, with it coming on for a few weeks, then fading and not having it for a few weeks, then it comes back. This week was a bad episode of the pains though. Thanks for any feedback.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 5 years ago.
Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this, have you had any tests?

Customer:

hello

Customer:

im here now

Customer:

thanks

Dr Brims :

Customer:

i havent had any tests recently, but in the past, when i had similar pains, the doctor examined me and ran a blood test in the past, but nothing conclusive. I have not gone to the doctor this time

Customer:

i was worried about apendicitus, both before and now]

Customer:

but in the past they always ruled it out

Customer:

but recomended further testing

Customer:

to see what might be going on

Customer:

this time, i got nervious all over again

Customer:

its been 3 days sense it started monday night, and it comes and goes

Customer:

but this has been a bad week for my stomach issues

Dr Brims :

Okay, do you have anxiety disorder?

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

yes im here

Customer:

yes, well, i dont take medicine for it, but yes, i do tend towards anxiety, and doctors have diagnosed me as having one befoe

Customer:

but, that being said, i do feel physical symptoms in my stomach, and I dont thnk this is truly in my head

Dr Brims :

Any diarrhea or constipation?

Customer:

no diarrhea, but this week has been irregular, with going more then normal, larger, monday night, and then slightly constipated the following days, but i went today and yesterday

Dr Brims :

Any blood in your stool or change in color?

Customer:

no, they seemed ok and normal

Customer:

how would i see blood?

Customer:

would it look like blood?

Customer:

they seemed normal color and consistancy

Customer:

but i went a lot monday night

Dr Brims :

Yes, it would look like blood or look dark black

Customer:

i dont think i have that

Customer:

it all seemed ok

Dr Brims :

Okay, does anything make the pain better or worse?

Customer:

i feel like the pain comes on around 3 hours after eating, but not always, and sometimes its worse in the morning, right when im waking up, but its a bit hard to nail down. I feel like foods can make it worse, red meat, or rich/fatty food, if i indulge too much, or if i have heavy fiber, like a large dose of spinach or dark green leafy salad. Stress also seemed to be a factor, but i dnt think its only stress related. And i will go weeks with it on and off, varying strengths and then it might subside for a period, but then come back.

Customer:

does it sound like appendix? its riht in that location?

Dr Brims :

This doesn't sound like an appendix at all

Customer:

but its in that spot

Customer:

and a burning/sore pain kinda localized

Customer:

i guess that is what gets me paranoid

Customer:

right where the colon is

Customer:

are there other things it could be?

Dr Brims :

It should be constant in the right lower corner with fevers or chills

Customer:

that does kinda describe it, although no fever, and not constant

Customer:

heh

Customer:

but that location

Dr Brims :

It could be a viral infection that is improving

Customer:

i did feel a bit of the chills monday night, but never ran a temp, but still, i know appendix is severe and i would know it if i had it, it would not be subtle, at least that is what i was told

Customer:

and it would progress reletively quickly, not linger for days

Customer:

coming and going

Customer:

or even weeks

Dr Brims :

That is correct

Customer:

but i guess the location always freaks me out

Customer:

cause its right there

Customer:

in that colon spot

Dr Brims :

Okay, is there anything else you would like to ask on this topic?

Customer:

no, thanks for your patience, i guess, just to finish up, you would agree that it does not sound appendix related, and you think whatever i had monday night is not super serious? Lastly, are there other conditions that could cause the symptoms im describing?

Customer:

i know there is probably a lot of conditions

Customer:

but just curiosu\

Customer:

the first thing that comes into your mind

Dr Brims :

I don't think it is extremely serious, and I think it is likely from a viral infection or irritable bowel syndrome

Customer:

ah ok, and lastly, truly this time, when you say, lower right quadrant, would that be even as low as the groin area? or stopping at the stomach? how low is low i guess it what im curios about, and thanks again, its true, it might be IBL< but i dont know what those sensations are

Customer:

but ive thought that maybe, and docs have mentioned it, but couldnt diagnose without further testing

Customer:

conclusively\

Dr Brims :

It should no be present in the groin area if it is your appendix

Customer:

maybe im the one guy who has non acute apendicitus, some kind of reoccuring chronic condition

Customer:

thanks again doctor, i wish i could show you a diagram of where i usually feel the pain

Dr Brims :

It is possible, but that would require further testing

Customer:

but i dont know how

Customer:

what kind of testing?

Customer:

would be required/

Dr Brims :

A CT scan of your abdomen

Customer:

and does that exist? ( great another thing to worry about :)

Dr Brims :

There are many chronic colon conditions, but this does not sound like any of them

Customer:

will you be online if about 15 min, i want to try and link you to a picture i will take and show you where the pain is usually

Customer:

just to show you

Customer:

is that ok?

Dr Brims :

I will be, but what would you hope to gain by showing me a picture of the area?

Customer:

it would be helpful to me

Dr Brims :

Ok, but it won't help come to any conclusions

Customer:

i would feel better knowing you saw where i was experiencing the pain usually and it might help you understand my situation, mostly it would give me peace of mind

Dr Brims :

ok

Customer:

thanks, ***** ***** it wont be conclusive of anything, but it would make me feel a little better

Dr Brims :

ok

Customer:

ill write here when the pic is ready

Dr Brims :

ok

Customer:

hell0

Customer:

ok

Customer:

i posted it here

Customer:

http://i.imgur.com/ZJQFe.jpg

Customer:

the red is the most sever and common location for the pain, the green, medium severity and location it occurs, and blue is the least common and severity

Dr Brims :

Okay, I've looked at it

Customer:

hello

Customer:

cool, did it work?

Customer:

come through?

Dr Brims :

Yes, I was able to see the image

Customer:

ok, thanks for looking, any further thoughts?

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

Dr Brims :

No other thoughts than those expressed above

Customer:

hmm, ok

Customer:

does the location reveal anything further, or indicate common appendix pain location?

Customer:

do you see what i mean by more groin area

Customer:

for the red

Dr Brims :

The location does not reveal anything further, that is the location of common appendix pain, but as I said previously, this does not sound like an appendicitis

Customer:

ok, thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it

Customer:

i wont press further

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

Customer:

I appreciate your help, will it be offensive if I ask others on the site also?

Customer:

i dont want to obsess

Dr Brims :

If you have other questions at another time you may request me by starting your question with Dr Brims .

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this topic.

If not, you may click the ACCEPT button to end this session

Dr Brims :

No, it is not offensive at all

Customer:

thankk you, you were very helpful

Customer:

and patient

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome