DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

Bad fecal smell from nose.

Bad fecal smell from nose.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Any medical problems
Any discharge
Any exam/
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No Medical problems. No discharge/exam. I am not imagining the smell as people notice it also.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
OK
This would be from bacteria in almost all cases,,,or an abnormality in the nasal passages causing the colonization..or both.
You need to see an ear nose and throat doctor.
They can see further into the passages..and you might have something that needs to be corrected.

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there anything you can suggest I could try before I get the chance to see the specialist? thanks.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
1/4 sea salt in 1 cup boiled water and rinse twice a day each nostril