Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

My sister has been having severe left neck and shoulder pain

My sister has been having severe left neck and shoulder pain and has been ruled out for having a heart attack. However her heart rate drops down in the 40's at times. They have recently diagnosed her as having shingles. She has never had a rash but only a few raised bumps on the back of her shoulder. She has also had some trouble with her breathing. If this is indeed shingles can that cause problems with heart rate and breathing also. She has been treated with acyclovir and neurotin with no changes . Any ideas of anything else we can do Thank You
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 5 years ago.
MD doc :

Hello & welcome to Just Answer!

If you have any questions after reading my answer, be sure to let me know.

MD doc :

Shingles is very unlikely to cause the symptoms that you are mentioning

MD doc :

I would recommend further testing for these symptoms, but I am not sure if any particular tests have been done till now, since you have not mentioned any,

MD doc :

I would recommend further tests like an EKG, ECHO, stress test, and chest X ray as per clinical examination to try to find the cause of the symptoms that you are describing,

MD doc :

A cardiologist and a pulmonologist would be appropriate specialist to help you in this regards

MD doc :

Please remember to accept the answer by pressing the GREEN accept button, do get back for any clarifications