Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I have a small lump the size of a pea between my rectum and

I have a small lump the size of a pea between my rectum and scrotum. Sometimes it is there and other times it is gone, it changes in size. It does not have any connective tissue attached to the back side of it and feels like a pimple would feel. It is not a constant pain and only notice it when I shower. I have had a colonoscopy two years ago and was diagnosed with hemorrhoids. Not long after this diagnosis, is when I noticed the bump.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 5 years ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

Is it red?

Customer:

No

Dr Brims :

Is it painful to touch?

Customer:

Only if I squeeze it. It feels like a large pimple would feel or an infected hair folicle but does not have a head on it.

Dr Brims :

I see, this sounds like it may be a sebaceous cyst, which may or not be infected

Customer:

Do0es a cyst of this type change in size and feel like a pimple would feel

Dr Brims :

Yes it may do both

Customer:

Should I seek advise from my doctor about removal? I have been a little gun shy about this issue. I am at the age where I need to have a prostate check and still have not lost my embarrassment. I have recently been diagnosed with diabetes type II and have started noticing all kinds of things wrong, pain in my right side under the rib cage, joint pain and the like. Then this bump. I hope it is just an over active imagination. Go tomorrow for testing on my side pain.

Dr Brims :

I think you should seek advice from your doctor about removal if it is source of pain to you, if it is not a big source of pain then I think you may hold off on this

Customer:

It is not really a source of pain. I don't really notice it unless in the shower. You are great. Thank you! You have relieved my mind. I will ask him about this on my next visit.

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

If you have other questions at another time you may request me by starting your question with "for Dr Brims", or reply to this question

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this topic

If not, please click the green ACCEPT button or smiley face to end this chat session