DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

A few weeks ago, I was sitting in a slouching position on my

A few weeks ago, I was sitting in a slouching position on my couch, when my neck started to feel stiff and hurt. Upon standing I started to feel dizzy, some nausea, a headache, hot flashes, and my head felt like it was too heavy. I used to sit on the couch like that all the time but now whenever I do, I get those same symptoms. What could be going on?
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Any other time?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Everytime I sit like that on the couch it happens, so about 3 times since the first
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
OK
see a doctor and see if you need an MRI of the neck...cervical spine
You want to make sure the discs are OK and that the circulation at the base of the skull top of the spine is OK
They can do all of this with MRI/MRA.
Don;t wait on it to make sure you are OK.

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Could you go into more detail? like could just repeated sitting with this bad posture actually do damage to my neck? I dont play sports or have had any type of impact injury either. Also my childhood doctor told me i had very slight scoliosis
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
No but you can have an abnormality in the neck compressing an artery..and there arteries at the base of the brain need to be looked at as well.