How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robert Fernando Your Own Question
Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Health Question Here...
Robert Fernando is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

70 year old male, normal BP 65/135 & heart rate 74 145 lbs,

This answer was rated:

70 year old male, normal BP 65/135 & heart rate 74 145 lbs, 5’ 10”
Excellent health, not seen doc in 30 years, vegetarian, runner
10 days ago - bloating sensation in lower left colon begins and gradually intensifies during that time. Now painful if I push in that area. Also this area uncomfortable as a bowel movement passes by or some gas moves through the area. Body temp has been normal until this a.m. And is now staying around 99.5 degrees today.
Heart rate has been elevated to 90 bpm for the 10 days, BP up a bit to 70/145. A slight overall weakness of body.
What could this be ?
Where do I go - can a walk-in clinic diagnosis this type situation.?
What are the names of tests - x-ray, MRI etc which can be done ?
Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.
It sounds to be Diverticulitis.It is the inflammation or infection of the inner lining of the intestine.
Also Symptoms of diverticulitis are more severe and often start suddenly, but they may become worse over a few days.
Your doctor can order- Ultrasound of abdomen and blood tests to check for infection. Also X-ray of abdomen can also be advised. The doctor may treat you with antibiotics and painkillers. Also Eating more fiber can help prevent future attacks. You should only fluids for next 2-3 days. Avoid coffee, tea, or alcohol.
You need to rush to ER or Walk in clinic ASAP for management of this issue.
I suggest you to see doctor at the earliest and get appropriate management.
Good luck and take care.
If you have any other questions, please ask them.
Please click Green "ACCEPT" button on this page so that I get credit for my work. Positive Feedback & BONUS are appreciated.
Robert Fernando and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you