Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

What types of exposure and response are associated with DDT?

Customer Question

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Dr. Singh :

Dr. Singh :

I would like to help but need some more information. When you say DDT are you referring to the insecticide?

Dr. Singh :

And what exactly are you looking for when you say exposure and response?

Customer: Yes I'm talking bout the insecticide for Malaria and it just asked about the exposure and response so I'm assuming the side effects
Dr. Singh :

Great thank you for the clarification.

Dr. Singh :

Exposure to DDT can occur from eating contaminated foods (that were sprayed by this - leafy veggies, meats, fish, etc), breathing contaminated air or drinking contaminated water (from near waste sites/landfills), infants breast fed by mothers who are exposed, or by breathing or swallowing soil particles from sites that are contaminated. Side effects due to these exposures (at high levels of exposure) can cause tremors/seizures. In pregnant females premature birth can result from exposure.

Dr. Singh :

If you are concerned about possible exposure there are tests (at special labs) that are available to detect the levels in fat, blood, urine, semen, and breast milk.

Dr. Singh :

Do you have any further questions?

Dr. Singh :

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask. Otherwise, please click accept.

Dr. Singh :

Regards