Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have Shingles Symptoms on my left ear a rash like acne on

Customer Question
neck and a little on...
I have Shingles Symptoms on my left ear a rash like acne on neck and a little on my left shoulder I am treating with Coconut oil zostrix and Apple cider vinegar what do you recommend?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Health
4/8/2012
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 5 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
Hello
Thanks for your question.
Is the rash painful?
Not really Kinda like zits
Without pain or burning, this is unlikely shingles.
You can apply tea tree oil over the rash.
This should improve over time.
The bumps on the left side of my head back of skull are pretty big but dont burn or hurt. Left side scalp and neck tingle if rubbed with hand or scratched with finger nails feels like a zit inside my left ear 6 zits on left shoulder no real pain until pushed on. applying zostrix causes light burning sensation wherever applied
this can be due to the oil gland inflammation.
But still unlikely shingles--as shingles causes fluid filled blisters besides burning pain.
You can see your doctor, if tea tree oil does not help.
You can also try benzoyl perxoxide soap daily over the rash.
Best wishes,
My fear is hearing loss or nerve damage and strange how only on left side
Relist: Answer quality.
Health Professional: Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD) replied 5 years ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Hi--first off a little more information. Did all this start like typical shingles with any symptoms at all preceeding the rash? How long has this been there? And you used the term zits--so these look a bit like acne?
I dont Know what typical shingles starts with but i woke up one morning and i had a lump on my neck and a sore inner ear and about 6 red lumps on my left shoulder my first thought was maybe a spider bite during the night but now today it seems like it is spreading on left cheek small rash like bumps next to left ear and similar small bumps behind left ear. And yes they do look a bit like acne
Any chance of posting a photo on this page, or alternatively, you can go to imageshack.us and do it there an send me the link?
sorry i have picture taken and it is in windows live photo gallery but dont know how to export dont seem to have right file type sorry dont know how
Well, you tried but that didn't go through. No matter. I agree it doesn't sound like shingles and if it's spreading it isn't likely a spider bite. What's left is either inflammatory eczema or an infection, but I think it's probably either folliculitis or impetigo. You can try washing with Hibiclens and then applying Neosporin three times a day but it may take oral antibiotics to clear this up so if it continues to spread or doesn't respond to the Neosporin in about two more days, you'll need to see a doctor about it.
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)