Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Is it normal to stop bleeding 2 days after a d&c...i was…

Customer Question
is it normal to stop...
is it normal to stop bleeding 2 days after a d&c...i was only 2 weeks pregnant and went to the doctor with horrid cramps and after them taking blood and doing a pelvic exam told me i had miscarried my dr went ahead and removed all remaining tissue. that was two days ago and my bleeding has lightened a lot. is this normal and when can i expect cramps to stop and when can i have sex again
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Health
4/6/2012
Health Professional: Dr. Susan, Doctor replied 5 years ago
Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Doctor
Dr. Susan :

It is perfectly normal to stop bleeding fairly soon after a D&C although some people do bleed longer, up to a month after. The cramps should stop within a few days and if you don't have any allergies, ibuprofen is very effective at relieving cramps. Usually, we tell patients to wait at least a week or two after the bleeding subsides to resume sexual activity. I hope this answers your questions.

Dr. Susan :

Please hit accept if you are satisfied with my answer. Thanks!

Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Doctor