How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. German Your Own Question
Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 3834
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. German is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been having pain in and around both shoulder blades,

Resolved Question:

i have been having pain in and around both shoulder blades, when belching, and swallowing, just for 3 days. do i need to be worried?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 5 years ago.
Hi,welcome to justanswer , I would really recommend you to consult a doctor immediately , specially when your symptoms have being going on for 3 days .
The symptoms you have been experiencing could be caused by different conditions like : gall bladder disorders from the presence of stones to gallbladder inflammation, stomach ulcers, gastritis ( internal stomach lining tissue inflammation), kidney stones, airways tract infections, lung infections, gastroesophageal reflux ( in this condition, your stomach acid juices flow back into the esophagus ), esophagus inflammation,pancreatic disorders, strained muscles, upper back discs inflammation, liver inflammation. At the same time , this type of pain could also be product of dangerous conditions like angina or heart attack ( in which the heart blood flow becomes severely affected by the presence of a clot which reduces the level of blood and oxygen that your heart tissue cells receive ). This is a really serious condition that must be managed immediately .
You should get immediate medical attention right now , specially to rule out the presence of a heart problem .
The doctors will need to perform some tests including : an EKG, an upper chest and an abdomen X-rays , heart enzyme blood levels , AST ,ALT and liver function tests .
With these tests , your doctor will be able to determine which of these conditions is producing your symptoms so You can receive the appropriate treatment .
If you like the answer,please click accept so I can get credit for my work. I do not get credit for my work unless you click the green accept button .
If you have any additional questions or any doubts you wanna ask me, I will be here to help you.
Dr. German and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you