Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

I'm recovering from a stroke and would like to purchase a

i'm recovering from a stroke and would like to purchase a omnicycle bike to help with re hab Ihave no use of left sidelooking for money to help pay for one insuranse company says no
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
So are you looking for help with the purchase of an exercise bike to help with Rehabilitation from an injury due to stroke?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
an omni cycle seems to help with movement of left hand and arm looking for a grant or any other inexpensive way to pay for it
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Which insurance to you have?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Well - depending on the insurance you have - you can request that you have your DOCTOR write a prescription for a specific exercise bike as it will improve your outlook, Independency of living, and your life in general - so a Written Presciption might help you and this is what you need to do.
Please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
going in for heart bypass's on wednesday on 04-4-will let you know how I make out
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Wow - I would say you definitely qualify for insurance help on this type of bike - have your doctor write a prescription.
Thank you