Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I think I have eating problem, when I eat I can't stop until

I think I have eating problem, when I eat I can't stop until I'm so full its uncomfortable sometimes. Is it possible to overstretch the stomach?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 years ago.
mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

mysticdoc :

Hello

mysticdoc :

Thanks for your question.

mysticdoc :

Yes, it is possible to overstretch the stomach muscles from overeating.

mysticdoc :

This causes nerves to tell your brain for 'full sensation'.

mysticdoc :

If you feel you are eating too much, you should start with a plate of salad.

mysticdoc :

Salads contain high fibers and will give full sensation even if you have not eaten much.

mysticdoc :

This way you will avoid overeating.

mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

mysticdoc :

Please click ACCEPT button and leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK, if you do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!
Please ask for Mysticdoc for your future questions. Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Hi--I don't think the other expert really addressed your problem here, because even with salad, if you have an eating disorder you'd still eat until oversatiated. Can you tell me more about this and how long it's been going on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've felt like this for the last couple years, sometimes I eat so much my belly button pops out and my pants won't button.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
v
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Have you had any therapy for what may be an obsessive compulsive overeating problem?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I'm too embarrassed to talk to anyone face to face about it.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
But more people have this kind of problem than you might think, and with the right type of therapist--one skilled in cognitive behavioral therapy--this can be overcome. Nothing to be ashamed about--it's not your fault.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** to know. I wouldn't think so much of it but I've gained weight recently and think I could be overweight a little.