Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

Burning sensation on my leg- just had sciatica but it has

Customer Question

burning sensation on my leg- just had sciatica but it has largely gone away. Also notices some sores in the same general area, and a few red bumps just below teh area, which were inflamed but now seem to be disappearing.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Dr. Singh :

Dr. Singh :

I would like to help but need some additional information

Dr. Singh :

1. Where exactly is this burning sensation? Is it constant or do certain things make it go away? If so, what?

Dr. Singh :

2. Any recent injury?

Dr. Singh :

3. Are you on any medications?

Dr. Singh :

4. Any numbness or tingling?

Customer:

burning sensation is on my thigh, on the front part of the leg. It is fairly constant at low intensity- I think I just don't notice it when I am walking around- but on occasion it get more intense, though never really severe. I have not had any recent injury, and I am not on any medication. I have had some tingling in my leg in the past, maybe in the last six months, but none recently.

Dr. Singh :

Have you had any imaging of your spine?

Customer:

no

Dr. Singh :

Ok.

Dr. Singh :

What you are describing sounds like a pinched/inflammed nerve. I do recommend obtaining an xray/mri of your lumbosacral spine to find the exact cause. In the meantime rest, icing, and using anti-inflammatory medications may be helpful.

Customer:

Is this connected to my recent sciatica- I had it for a while, but it has gone away. If it is connected, should I expect this to go away as well?

Dr. Singh :

It can be, however with sciatica your symptoms are in the back of your leg. However whatever was impinging that nerve may be impinging this nerve. Depending on what imaging tests shows will determine if this is something that will resolve or continue to be a problem.

Dr. Singh :

Do you have any further questions?

Customer:

are the sores and bumps in any way connected, or just a coincidence?

Dr. Singh :

It appears to be more coincidental.

Customer:

Last question- are there any-inflammatories readily available over the counter without a prescription?

Dr. Singh :

Yes. Something such as advil/ibuprofen. You can take 600mg every 6 hours.

Customer:

Ok, thanks very much.

Dr. Singh :

You are very welcome.

Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Hi, Just wanted to check in with you? How is your leg doing? Did you have get any imaging tests?
Dr. Singh