Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I have cervical arthritis with headaches and numbnes in my

I have cervical arthritis with headaches and numbnes in my hands. I also have thorasic scoliosis at T4-5-T6-7, with my arms falling asleep and terrible pain in that area. Finally, I have Lumbar arthritis and sciatica, with shooting buring pain down my right legt into my foot and severe lumbar/lower back pain. I am seeing a pain management doctor who has done three lumbar L5 epiduals to stop sciatica pain, which worked for abour 4 month. During those 4 months they started nerve blocks at L3-5.
Dr. Singh :

Dr. Singh :

I would like to help, but what exactly is your question?

Customer:

with all i have going on where would or should the pain management be starting

Dr. Singh :

The fact that your symptoms now consist of headaches and upper extremity numbness treatment should initially be targeted to the cervical spine. The fact that in the past you had relief of symptoms for 6 months with nerve blocks is promising and may need to be repeated. Have they considered any surgical treatment to relieve your symptoms?

Customer:

the dr im dealing with started with the lumbar because that was my biggest complaint at the time, now he has me rating which is most emergent and is senting me for a lumbar emg before moving on with any further treatments.

Customer:

I m concerned because of the fact my arms are falling asleep at various times: sleeping, holding a phone, typing, etc.... It woke me up out of a dead sleep the other night. I'm fighting the sciatica pain dayily, as well as the numbness and headaches.

Dr. Singh :

You are correct in being concerned. The arms falling asleep are due to the cervical spine issues and these need to be discussed with your doctor. Are you seeing any one other than your pain doctor regarding this? Such as a neurologist? Neurosurgeon? PMR doctor?

Customer:

They don't think anything is surgical yet, but I find myself wondering how much more I can take.

Dr. Singh :

I recommend revisiting with them for it appears your symptoms are worsening and now surgery may be an option.

Customer:

thank you for your advice. have a nice day.

Dr. Singh :

You are very welcome. If you have any further questions please ask.

Dr. Singh :

Regards