DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

What do you do if you have been on clonazepam for 5 years

What do you do if you have been on clonazepam for 5 years for PTSD and panic anxiety attacks, your dose has only been increased once, you don't abuse or sell the medication, and you move to an area where the Doctors won't prescribe it for you. I had my last prescription filled in December and did not run out of it until about 5 days ago, which should tell somebody I do not abuse my medication.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
It is really not a good drug for this
An SSRI medication is more indicated.
Primary care doctors are not going to indefinitely prescribe for PTSD..so the best course it so see a psychiatrist who understands the disorder.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.