Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

I have an occasional tingling sensation on the head of my

Customer Question

Hi. I have an occasional tingling sensation on the head of my penis. Got checked for stds- nothing, got checked for infection-nothing, had my prostate checked- nothing
It is in no way really painful.
One doctor said that the penis glans is a mucous membrane and that its normal to occasional feel something in the area, be it a tingling, maybe momentary pain if the glans is dehydrated, got irritated from friction etc. Do you agree? And that it is to be expected to occasionally feel these sorts of things?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 5 years ago.

Hi
Welcome to Just Answer
Sorry to hear about your problem.

Well, if the infections have been reliably ruled out by tests; then the other causes for this symptom including the ones you have mentioned can be considered.

Minor trauma to urethra during intercourse.

A stone in the urinary tract that may cause a radiating pain.

Stone in urethra.

If not already done, also get an Ultrasound of the renal tract to look for stones in the urinary tract and always Drink plenty of water.

I hope this clarifies and answers your question.

Kindest Regards ***** ***** luck.

It was a pleasure assisting you. If my answer was helpful, Please Click ACCEPT button to give me Credit.
Please do not forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK which will be highly appreciated.