Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

How can I get fluid to evaporate from my inner ears? I have

Customer Question
slightly high blood pressure do...
How can I get fluid to evaporate from my inner ears? I have slightly high blood pressure do I assume I can't use a decongestant! It has been in my ears for 2.5 weeks now! It comes and goes....sometimes I can't feel it at all and at others my ears feels very clogged and sometimes hurt.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Health
3/1/2012
Health Professional: Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician replied 5 years ago
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

You may use sudafed for this

Dr Brims :

If they hurt it may be an ear infection

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer: Slyes I'm here
Customer: They only hurt when I feel the swooshing
Dr Brims :

ok

Dr Brims :

Okay, then a decongestant like sudafed may help

Customer: Sudafed is ok? Even with high bp? 140/90
Dr Brims :

Do you take any blood pressure medication?

Customer: No. Usually my bp is around 135/85. Shoots up to 150/95 at doctOrs office due to anxiety
Dr Brims :

Then you may take it, if it rises above 160 then stop

Customer: Last time I checked it it was 139/86
Dr Brims :

And don't take it for more than 3 days

Customer: Ok thank u. So u feel Sudafed will work better than nasal spray? How long do I take it
Customer: Ok 3 days!
Dr Brims :

Yes, 3 days

Customer: Ok thank u
Dr Brims :

You're welcome

If you have other questions at another time you may request me by starting your question with "for Dr Brims"

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this topic

If not, please click the green ACCEPT button to end this chat session

Customer: No more questiOns. Thank u!
Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician