Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I'm a 54yr old Female (C) in remission w/Lupus, dealing with

I'm a 54yr old Female (C) in remission w/Lupus, dealing with Chronic RA, also Arthritis/Osteoa)rthristis and Fibromyalgia. I am still working but the PAIN is getting to me. My doc has reduced my pain med to 1 tablet a day of light noice of norce. I been suffering from the back of my knees swelling, my right hip hurting and now my right foot (because osteo in my big toe> My Question is: I have been suffering from burning in the heels of my feet lately-like you feet are alseep but more painful. I would like to have an idea why before I go to my Rheumatoidist. It is starting on my hands some. I don't have high blood pressure.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Dr. Singh :

Dr. Singh :

The burning and numbness type of feeling is known as neuropathy. Causes of this can be due to pinched nerves, systemic causes such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, diabetes, thyroid disease, vitamin disorders, etc. I do recommend that you see your rheumatologist for this. Likely you may benefit from a medication such as Gabapentin or Lyrica to help with these symptoms.

Dr. Singh :

If you have any additional questions please ask. Otherwise please click accept.